Saturday, February 14, 2009

In The Spirit of Giving...I Give Back

Oh my eyes do roll at the noise which crowds my ears when, with the utmost misfortune, my remote misleads me to land on Mtv or Mtv2 (of course I speak on those few rare occaions when they are actually playing music). Oh, the desire to spew forth an expletive expletives does overtake me when I see this great monolith of self assuming progressive ideals, play these bands that peg the board at unity and make songs simply to be consumed by the 16 year old, iTunes addicted masses. If your taste in music were as forward thinking as your whispered political undertones then wondrous sounds would wander forth from you. But no...you desire not to challenge your listeners to appreciate those groups which purposely fit no genre, no mold, no pigeon hold (nasally, pop punk, depressed singing). Those groups that choose that route that is less traveled. A route that brings no fame, only satisfaction in knowing that they made the exact music they wanted to without care of you, and most importantly without any help from you.


::rant over::