Friday, February 20, 2009

My Pedal Board

I'm feeling inspired. Thanks Mike.


(in order of signal path)
1. Ernie Ball Vol. Jr- it's a volume knob for my feet.
2. Danelectro Fish N Chips EQ Pedal- I usually have it EQ'd flat and use it as a solo boost.
3. Dunlop Crybaby Wah- it goes Wah Wah
4. Big Muff Pi- It makes the big rock happen. See Dinosaur Jr. for a reference.
5. Boss CS3- It squishes things to help the rock.
6. Addrock Ol' Yeller- Boutique Tube screamer clone. Made in VA Beach by hand.
7. Xotic Effects RC Boost- Light overdrive for the rock on the lowest level.
8. Electro Harmonix Memory Man w/ Hazorai- delay pedal...Hazorai is Yiddish for all the good stuff.
9. Boss TU9- Tuner pedal...cuz it's gotsta be in tune.


On the right is the newest addition. My Telecaster. Yea it's a Highway 1. Sure it's not the most expensive. But who cares...unless you are one of those people...and you know who you are. It's become my number 1.

In the middle is the pride of my collection. It's my Tophat Super Deluxe. Boutique, handmade amp purchased before they changed the rectifiers. Somewhat modeled after the old Fender Bassman's. But ultimately ends up sounding somewhere between a Matchless and an AC30.

On the left is my Gibson SG Classic. Bought it about 4 years ago. If I am correct in my calculations Gibson has raised the price so much that I could actually get about what I paid for it. However, I'm not going to sell it. It's been marked. The very first show I ever played with it, I managed to knock a tuning peg off and put a huge gash in the headstock. Where my forearm of my strumming hand rests on the body the finish has started to dull. On the back of the next I've worn a little hole in the clear coat. I feel bad that she doesn't get played as much as she deserves.

2 comments:

mikedominice said...

I love the layman's terms!

Next guitar I get will definitely be in the Telecaster family...my favorite being the '72 Deluxe reissue because of the dual-humbucker configuration and toggle switch, even though its a little heavier than I'd like. I think I've heard that they make a thinline/semi-hollow-body version too.

I'd also like to take a look at the new Jim Root signature model, it's supposed to be the best of both worlds in terms of those who like the 'tele' sound but also want a great metal guitar.

Scott757 said...

Thanks man. I played humbuckers for the longest time. Then I really got into a lot of bands that used single coils. Namely The Minutemen and mewithoutYou. I started G.A.S'ing (Gear Acquirement Syndrome)for a single coil. I initially bought a Jazzmaster. But when I got it home I hated it. The bridge pickup had no bass response to it. So I took it back and spent like 2 hours playing guitars. I was ready to give up then I played the Highway 1 as a last resort and it was exactly what I was looking for. Anyways...here's the link to the '72 Thinline with F Hole.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-72-Classic-Telecaster-Thinline-Electric-Guitar?sku=510474