Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Dying Art Form

With downloading becoming the norm, is album cover art may be becoming a thing of the past? This possibility saddens me, because when I was young and first discovering music I found my father's record collection. I spent hours combing through it looking at the covers and the album sleeves. This is a big reason why I don't download, I like having something tangible that I can hold and look through. It helps me experience the album instead of just hearing it. I would like to present you with my music collection and show you some of my favorite albums covers.





This is my CD collection, well most of it
anyways. I think I have a few out in the Jeep.







Below is my record collection. A large
part of which was given to me by my in-laws.




3 comments:

Rob said...

I read a stat that said the 30 and older crowd likes having the CD and cover. The under 30 crowd likes to download. Personally I think it has to do with the fact that people can easily steal music. I like having the CD and case. I do enjoy using iTunes to download a song if I don't think the whole album will be good.

Brian Miller said...

you have some of the most amazing art work on your albumn/cd covers. long live the art form.

Jessie M. said...

you didn't want to include "Spice World" in your post? I'm saddened by this ; )

However...you haven't purchased a cd in awhile. sad.

<3 me