Saturday, April 4, 2009

1 year down...the rest of my life to go

Tomorrow is our 1 year anniversary. To which I say...hell yea. If you'll pardon my French. Unfortunately I have a test on Monday so this weekend is dedicated to studying. So we went out last night. We had dinner at PF Chang's in VA Beach. After dinner was a surprise. She let me go to the music store. ::shock:: I know that she hates going with me. I start in with the "A's" and work my way all the back to the "Z's". Then when I'm done I have like 12 cd's in my hands and a limit much less than that. So then I make my way over to a listening station and plod through the pile until I end up with the 3 that I'm going to get. Then, inevitably, just as we are about to walk up to the counter I remember some obscure band that I have forgotten about and scurry back to the racks to search again. Well...last night was no exception. But she never sighed, guffawed, or eye rolled. She let me do my thing. I was stoked. So here is what I got...






Les Savy Fav's "Let's Stay Friends"
so far my favorite out of the 3











Minus The Bear's "They Make Beer Commercials Like This"
a very close second









The Appleseed Cast's "Sagarmatha"
this was a little little disappointing...but maybe it'll grow on me




*UPDATE*
I would like to clarify, that while my praise for my wife was masked by my excitement over new music. In real life, my love for my wife far out weighs any purchase I could make. I made this post in praise of her because she love's me enough to put up with me in a record store.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

lol. congrats! it's all uphill from year 1! PF changs...da bomb!

BetnyNonnie said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a great night!

Jenn said...

Awwww... happy anniversary!

ashley said...

aww that's sweet! congrats!