Monday, April 20, 2009

Does This Mean That I'm A Hippie Now?

Via lala.com, I've been listening to a ton of reggae that past few days. Black Uhuru, Burning Spear, The Abyssinians, and Gladiators. I don't quite know what to make of it. I love the social awareness of it, I love the soul of it, and it's good to study to. Unfortunately my receding hairline prohibits the possibility of dreads. Or that might be a good thing. Does this mean I'm becoming a hippie?

Also, in very un-hippie fashion, I want to get tattooed below my elbows. I need something permanent to prohibit me from ever going back to the corporate world once I'm done. The whole PC, dress code thing isn't me. I've been unhappy since day 1 in this environment. That was 6 years ago. I never want to go back when I'm done. It's not even that it's so terrible, it just doesn't fit with who I am and my ideals. So what do I get? I love traditional Japanese coy. But that's done a lot. So maybe something small on the back of my wrist? A symbol perhaps. But what? I have no clue. Please send suggestions.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yes. You are a hippie. You didn't know that? Vaguely veg, reggae, social justice? Absolutely.

:B

Jessie M. said...

ha ha.... Jen's comment is TOO funny!

if you were a true hippie, you'd put your aluminium cans in the "recycling bag" more often! he he

LOVE YOU!

Rob said...

I suggest the robshep.com logo. That way I can see if it would make a good tatoo for me to get one day. Think about it.

Please know I'm joking...but not really...no I am...but I'm kind of serious...no seriously I'm just joking.

jake said...

i want a tattoo. always have. let's go together. that way if i cry, you can hold me.