Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Empty Pantry Compilation Vol. 1

As I'm going through this "becoming" process I've had a lot of ideas. Ideas about the type of company I want to work for. Ideas about the type of life I want to live. I ideas about some tattoos that I want to get and some songs I want to write. But today one of the better ones came to me. I want to do something to help people. I also want to do something to help local music. So let's marry the two. What if I were to make The Empty Pantry Compilation Vol. 1? Here's the idea:

1. Get local bands that, I'm into, to donate one song.
2. Put all the songs onto a compilation.
3. Get 500 copies made.
4. Distribute it wherever I can charing $5 per.
5. Give proceeds to local charities that I'm into.

Seems like a win-win. Bands get free exposure. People get helped. You in a band? Wanna give me a song?

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i unfortunately would devalue the CD with anything i would contribute. great idea though. are you serious? i will buy one.

Jenn said...

Dude, that is AWESOME. I'm really proud of the way this whole idea is affecting the way you live. It's very good. Idk what you're thinking about for album art, but Jeremy's a legit graphic designer who may very well do some really good artwork for you for free since it's charity.