Sunday, May 17, 2009

Music News

1. This summer I'll be playing some music with a guy named Mark Smilor. He's an americana singer/songwriter from VA Beach. Go check his stuff out on itunes or lala.com. Hopefully there will be some shows coming up in the next few months. I want to see you all come out to at least one.

2. I've started following this gentleman's youtube channel. He goes by the alias of "gearman dude". He does awesome demo's. You should check his stuff out here. If you google his name you will that there is a lot of talk about him being Jack Black. But he's not.

3. Thanks to gearman dude I've been turned on to what might be the best overdrive pedal I've ever heard? The Klon Centaur. The cost...about $345 and around a 12 week wait for them. The majority of the reviews on them are astounding. The haters...are probably just that or had completely unrealistic expectations of what a pedal can do.



4. This summer there are some new albums of note coming out. The new mewithoutYou drops next week (I believe). I'm a pretty big fanboy so I'm pretty stoked about this. Also the new Wilco album comes out soon. You can stream it here. I've listened to the first half two times. It's good stuff. Nels Cline continues to inspire. He's made me consider putting a bigsby on my telecaster.

3 comments:

gliebette said...

I <3 Wilco.

eberto said...

the amazing thing about the centaur is that aaron from the silent press had one of those. that's originally when i fell in love with it, although i didn't know what it was called at the time. it took months of searching online to find out what it was.

Brian Miller said...

happy sunday! off to check out the links you posted...