Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why I love my Telecaster?!?!

For those who don't know I've played guitar since I was 13. I've owned a lot of gear throughout the years but it is within the past year that my playing and gear acquisition has hit an all time high. If you are a person who thinks that price = quality then you would say that my Gibson SG is my best guitar. Well, a few months ago I bought a Fender Highway 1 Telecaster. It draws music from me. Sometimes I wonder if the guitar starts to play me. Here is my Telecaster story...

After borrowing my friends MIJ [that's Made In Japan] Strat for a few months, I thought that I wanted a Strat. Well, when I went to Guitar Center I ended getting a Jazzmaster that went back two days later because it wasn't speaking to me at all. When I took it back I spent three hours playing guitars. Nothing was really doing it for me. Well about 10 minutes before the store closed I plugged a High Way 1 Tele in and it was the exact tone that I was hearing in my head. The P/U's [pick ups] were hot and it played really well. Now that I've had it for a few months, I must say that I've not gotten a bad tone out of it. It's only been for the last two weeks that I've even gotten my SG out of its case. I love my tele. It draws music from me. It's a combination of the sound and the way it plays. Also, I love the hotter p/u's in it. The only thing I'm going to replace are the saddles for brass ones. That's really only because I think the brass one's look hot.

...and D. Boone from the Minutemen played one.

Here are some pics:


The guitar on the left is my Gibson SG and on the right is my Tele.





2 comments:

Rob said...

Whose baby is that in the pic. Also how do you put those reaction tabs on each blog...that is cool!

gliebette said...

:) It's my baby and he is the coolest kid on the block