Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas...or something like that.

Well Christmas has come and gone and it was a good one. This was my first married Christmas so I spent the night at the in-laws new house on Christmas Eve. We awoke before the sun around 5:30 and headed down stairs to open the presents. Everything was wonderful. I got a lot of great stuff that I'm pretty excited about. Some clothes, some music, but wait...what is this...one more huge present behind the tree...what could it be? Well I was told to open it. I was thinking that there is no way this present could be for me due to it's large size. But I was wrong. It was the pedal board that I had asked for. Here's a pic.

I got the board not the pedals. But it's wonderful to be able to have everything together and just pull it out and plug it in.

After that we went to my father's aunt's house. This year her husband Wesley wasn't there because he was in the hospital for intestinal problems. But we've been told that he is doing well. After we left her house we then went to my parents house. For Christmas they gave themselves a Wii. So a large portion of the evening was spent bowling, tennis-ing, and boxing...oh...and Mario Cart-ing.



Then we ate dinner. After dinner it was time for more presents. I got more awesome stuff. Clothes, music, books...great stuff. However, my father made a comment that made me laugh. For Christmas he got a Dean Koontz graphic novel. For Christmas I got "The Law" by Frederic Bastiat and "The Federalist Papers" by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay. So here is what my dad said, "It's funny that I [dad] got a comic book and my son gets political philosophy." Yup...pretty funny.

No comments: