Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I beheld History Today

Today I witnessed an important event. The inauguration of our 44th President Barack Obama. I have heard so much talk leading up to today. Ranging from the importance of the election of our first African American President to the election of our most liberal President. However, this is not what I saw today. We have seen an entirely new leader come to power and no one died. No rebellions broke out. No one's head was cut off. If you, even briefly, read over a World History book then you should understand why this is important. I also want to say that I do understand the history of racial tensions in our country, therefore the importance of President Obama's election from that stand point. But I believe that his election is bigger than that. Every Presidential Election is bigger than the man who is holding the title. So good luck President Obama. With the utmost sincerity I wish to see you succeed.


No comments: