Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dreams Can Come True

So it turns out that dreams can come true. A few years ago when Dinosaur Jr. got back together with the original line up they released a great album called "Beyond" and toured on it. I wasn't a fan then. Well that has definitely changed. You can label me "fan boy" now. In support of my new label, "fan boy", I was ever so hopeful, maybe even blindly so, for another album and tour so I could possibly catch them this time around. Well, they are releasing a new album this summer. *cheers, claps, back flips* While no tour has been announced yet, last tour they managed to come by the Norva. I am hoping that this is the case again. Then to top it off, they signed to a great indie label called Jagjaguwar. The same label that Black Mountain, and Okkervil River are on. Yes, I know that to most people the record label a band is on matters not. However, I am not most people. I love independent music and labels. Jagjaguwar is one of the great ones out there right now. I would also like to say that J. Mascis is the coolest looking dude in rock right now. (see the awesome looking dude with long hair above)

Here is a video for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: