Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm Going To Get Rich Blogging

Sometimes a random conversation happens that changes your life. Well one of those happened for me today. The gentlemen who you see to your left...who will remain nameless until the great unveiling...and I were emailing back and forth. Out of that email came a great idea that is going to allow us to retire early. Here is the conversation...





me:
Is there a job that will pay us to sit around and wax philosophical all day? I want that job.
him:
physics professor at small town university. pay sucks, but they don't really expect much either. teach a few classes and write a paper or two per year. we could be the whole department. i'll start looking into schools that need fresh new minds in their physics department.

on another note, i'm listening the "lost songs" album by appleseed case...

me:
Yea...but what if we want to discuss the importance or lack thereof of the Beatles in 21st century pop culture. See...we need to be professors of some kind of umbrella course. We talk about whatever we want. The students sit there and take notes and ask no questions. That's a class I want to take.
him:
maybe would could start a blog and publish our conversations and then when we build up some readership we get some sponsors get a lot of advertising revenue, then we can do it from out couch sitting in robes all day.
me:
that's so awesome. blogging is fun. i do it a lot. building a readership is hard though.
him:
and don't worry about our readership. it'll take some time, but if we're agressive in sending out the link, we'll get it. we're crafty. we have ways.
me:
nice...and every friday can be playlist friday. we can compile a playlist to top off the week. it'll be a wierd mix of pop culture and science.
him:
done and done. i'll turn in my two weeks tomorrow.
me:
pssshhhh...i knew this was going to happen. i launched the site 2 weeks ago.
him:
you're always on top of things, that's how i know this will work.
me:
i also knew you were going to say that. so i closed the site the next day just so you couldn't get cocky about how well you think you know me
him:
fine then, i'm not saying anything else as to not screw this up any more, i'll just let you get all cocky about how well you know me.
me:
ahahahaha...i'm going to blog about this. you've been warned.



3 comments:

Rob said...

Good times. The person in the picture (not to be named) is one of my favorite people.

Brian Miller said...

that's awesome...working on my proposal for talking tombstones.."just because they are going, doesn't mean they have nothing to say."...tacky, but hey, it will sell!

Brian Miller said...

that's awesome...working on my proposal for talking tombstones.."just because they are going, doesn't mean they have nothing to say."...tacky, but hey, it will sell!