Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Morning

Oh geez. It's Monday. It's a rough one. After band practice last night (played my SG last night for the first time since getting my Telecaster for those who care about such things) my drummer friend and myself ended up talking past lives, and religion until 11:15. UGH...Don't get me wrong. It was a great conversation. But this morning was rough. I had totally dedicated myself to going back to the gym today. Didn't happen. So I'm here...doing a little reading...listening to my morning radio show (big ups to Tony Maccrini)...and doing some blogging. I guess when I think about it I'm happy that it's Monday morning. Being that time is a continual thing and I couldn't stop it. If I were not in the middle of a Monday morning right now then I probably wouldn't need to know the day of the week. So when I look at it like that, I'm happy that it's Monday morning, as I generally like my life right now.

Here is a random thought that I heard last week:

Humans are the only creatures on the planet that have the need to make a system that marks the passage of time.

Here is a brief description of how oxygen was discovered: (pretty awesome in my opinion)

grow plant in jar. put candle in jar. close lid of jar. light candle with magnifying glass so that it burns off all oxygen. wait some time...come back. relight candle same way. it will light because plant will produce oxygen.
wow.

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice random thoughts to close. hurray for plants, because all the monday morning yawning shows a distinct lack of oxygen.

mikedominice said...

i think that time principle you mentioned is a mark of intelligence. I also think butt cheeks are also a mark of intelligence. Think of an intelligent animal, and they have butt cheeks.