Monday, March 16, 2009

Proof That Misery Loves Company


Tonight I have my second Calculus 2 test for the
semester, and if you've been reading this for any
period of time then you've heard me b$#@h talk about it. So I've decided to show you what I've been working on. Woot Woot..

Right here we have the problem>>>
y=x^3 from 0 to 2
What we are looking for is the surface area of this curve if you were to rotate it around the X axis on an interval from 0 to 2.

Isn't this fun already?








<(bad) sketch of just what I'm looking for.

Still with me?





This is the formula we use to work it out>>>







<<I'm making the letters mean something.












Look...all done.>>>


approximately 203.0436

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oowww! my head hurts.

mary-el!z. said...

ew gross

Kevin said...

hmm my comment didn't post the first time, so here we go again:

hahahaha, that brings back fond memories. :-P I remember those days. You should see my spacecraft dynamics & control notes.

Jessie M. said...

WHY!!!

not okay! did you create this while you were supposed to be studying last night? oooooo.... i'm telling!

ashley said...

sure, no problem! oh man, calculus. it is my choice whether to take this instead of a science credit...from my AP knowledge in high school I recognize some derivatives... but that's about it. good luck.

mikedominice said...

I am so glad that part of things is over for me.