Monday, May 25, 2009

Music News Vol. 2

1. Found out today that Mark Smilor has been booked for 2 dates at the Aroma's in Newport News and 2 dates at the Aroma's in Williamsburg. This is important because Mark is one of the few original Americana singer/song writers in the area and I'll be playing guitar with him. Good stuff right there. I'm excited and have two different sets to learn.

2. This is pretty awesome and I would like one.


3. These videos is awesome.

(I didn't set out to post 2 videos by the same band...but I can't not post this 2nd one after seeing it. Note: I don't necessarily promote violence and setting fires in high occupancy buildings.)

(these guys were not around long enough)


4. I saw Bonnie "Prince" Billy last night at the Birchmere in Alexandria. In my life I've probably (realistically) seen at least 200 bands live. Before last night there were two shows that I have seen that left me awestruck. Isis on their Panopticon tour and Sonic Youth on their Sonic Nurse tour. Last night added a new show to that list. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if he had played "Gulf Shores". It was so good even Jess really liked it.

No comments: