Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ooops...Did I Just Threaten You?

Tonight I was sitting around being frustrated over numerous attempts at getting some songs into the correct format when...what is this...a knock at my door? I was confused. I was a little scared. So I get up and look through the peep hole. There is a strange woman outside. Not an old lady. But one about my age. I'm nervous. Do I open? Do I not? What if she's hurt? She doesn't look hurt. But I open. She asks if we are a military couple? (At this time, for reason of full disclosure I have to admit that I have had some beer this evening. But not enough that I would have to apologize to anyone about it.) I say no...no we aren't a military couple. She then says she is doing marketing assessments for couples age 19-30. Which we are. But I say we aren't interested. Thinking that, it's almost 10:30...gimme a break. I want to finish with this music stuff then go to bed. So she asks..."is it that this is just a bad time?" And "can she come back tomorrow evening?" WHAT?!?! WHAT?!?! This is where I'm not certain if I threatened her or not. I said..."I wouldn't do that if I were you." She then replied..."a 'I'm not interested' would be a proper response." and that was it. I was really just trying to say..."please don't come back. I don't want to talk to you." But when I was telling Jess about it she said that she probably thought I was being threatening. I wasn't. I would never ever threaten anyone, much less a strange woman, who was not being overtly hostile. So...did I threaten her? I hope not.

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

mean person, you. lol. you do have an interesting way of putting it...

einsteindisguisedasrobinhood said...

she probably took it as a threat. But she sounds pushy and she's knocking on stranger's doors in the middle of the night. She is not in any position to criticize responses.

Like, if I came to your house uninvited and was like, where's the food? and started raiding your cabinets of all the nice tender morsels and you were like stop and gang tackled me, and then I was like, man, you're rude. And walked out. And then went and told all my friends you were a rude jerk..I would be in the wrong then wouldn't I?

That's kind of what she did.

People who knock on people's doors should expect worse. And to be all pushy and be like, can I come back? I would have been like, no. Then shoved a creme pie in her face. And that's why I always have creme pies next to the front door.

mikedominice said...

i feel threatened right this second.