Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm Back on the Wagon Again

For a guy who has been big most of his life, 28 years to be exact, bad habits become ingrained. They seep into your essence and take refuge in your moments of weaknesses. Essentially, eating bad becomes an addiction. You see a Mc D's and you want it. Even if you aren't hungry. Then all it takes is to rationalize why eating it this one time won't hurt. Then you are trapped. Your stoked about getting your favorite yummy goodness. Then it's followed by the euphoria then the guilt. I'm being very honest because it's time that I have to be. I'm almost 30. I've been on the health food wagon, then off, then on, then off. I even lost a bunch of weight about 3 years ago...before gaining about half of it back. So a few weeks ago I started the process of trying to correct my life. Only to fail again when Baydays came around...because...well...fried seafood is good seafood. Right? Right. Well progress made, then train derailed, is no reason to not get back on the track. So today I'm going to start again. The general plan is 1800 cals/day plus about a gallon of water a day plus regular exersise.. That's what I did last time. So I know it works. I know that this is not the answer alone. I have to work had to instill healthy eating into my life. The 1800 cals/day is to loose the weight initially. But then it takes the installation of good habits during the process to keep it off later. So today...healthy Scott cometh (hopefully).

Now here's the vid of the day from a band called Cymbals Eat Guitar.

4 comments:

Rob said...

I'm right there with you.

BetnyNonnie said...

Me too! Bub and I have been doing Weight Watchers for a while now! Losing weight feels good but some days it is SO hard! Press on, Friend!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian Miller said...

what a tease...i saw a new post up there for a second...and sarah palin's name...