Sunday, February 1, 2009

Problems From a Busy Life

Blogs are for honesty. I read other people's and they feel more honest than mine. I give opinions on politics, but they aren't the harsh thoughts that I really think. My life has become very busy. As I tend to be hyper self analytical, I've noticed some changes. I seem to be loosing my comprehension of everything outside of the present moment. Eternity feels like a vague notion. God has started to seem like a distant thought. I feel like I'm loosing perspective. The only reality that feels real to me is whatever I happen to be feeling at the moment. It's very strange. It's this persistence of the present that, I guess, has given way to something else. I realize that I've become a materialistic, greedy person. What's worse than that is that I don't "feel" bad about it. But I know that I should. I know that this isn't how humans are suppose to work. At least I don't think so. But that's the problem, I don't "think" so. I want to not "feel" so. Does that make sense? I've developed some disconnect somewhere. What I need is a change of heart...not a change of head.

It would appear that I have now addressed the problem. But what is the advantage of self awareness and higher thinking, if you know what your problem is and you don't look for a solution. Solution...I've gotten involved in a small group. So that's what I am looking for out that experience. To reconnect my heart to what is in my head.

No comments: