Friday, May 8, 2009

Best Veggie Sandwich Yet

I'm about to leave to go to my last study session of the semester. After 9pm tonight no longer will I be in Calc 2. Tomorrow I find out if it gets to stay that way. Anyways, on to the food. I got home from the gym and wanted lunch. I started thinking about grilled cheese. Then I thought that tomato on grilled cheese is better. Then I thought that I sure would love some mushrooms on that. I grabbed a skillet, put some olive oil in, some minced garlic, then added mushrooms, onion, green peppers, and jalapeños. I then sautéed with some Texas Pete. After I was done sautéeing I put it on top of sourdough bread with fresh tomato slices finishing it off with some cheddar on top. I then cooked the whole thing like you would a regular grilled cheese. It was wonderful. The sourdough cooked up so well. I highly recommend it.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

sounds yummy... now you're makin me hungry!

Brian Miller said...

hungry now...sounds delicious.

Jessie M. said...

awww... i'm married to a chef now!

your creativity in the kitchen makes me smile!

gliebette said...

I used to make a grilled cheese sandwich like this:

Fresh sourdough bread
feta cheese
american cheese
tomatoes
LITE MAYO

it sounds kinda gross, but it is DDDEEELLLIIIGGHHTTFFFUULL!!!!!!